Open Mobile Menu

본문 영역

OVERVIEW

WELCOME MESSAGE

서울시장 오세훈

Distinguished guests,
ladies and gentlemen. Welcome.

I am Mayor Oh Se-hoon of Seoul Metropolitan Government.

I would like to sincerely welcome you all to the “2022 Seoul Smart City Leaders Forum.”

Starting with the “World e-Government Mayors Forum” held in 2008, Seoul’s smart city policy have yielded many significant results, by sharing IT-based urban administration and management know-how with global IT companies and international cities.

Against this backdrop, the contactless society has emerged with the global pandemic, and it has further accelerated digitization. Transition to the contactless society opened our eyes to the significance of interpersonal connection and communication as well as the possibility of facilitating the exchange and connection between people through the convergence of physical and virtual worlds.

Given such unique challenges of our time, the City of Seoul is developing the “Metaverse Seoul” platform for all age groups that leaves no one behind, in order to create new public services that transcend time and space as well as to provide a solution to the digital divide issue.

The “2022 Seoul Smart City Leaders Forum” will be held under the topic of ‘Beyond Digital Divide, Meta Seoul.’ The forum will serve as an opportunity to discuss the pathway for our society ahead in the massive wave of digitization.

I will continue to spare no effort in making the City of Seoul as the world-leading smart city.

Thank you.